• Developer
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
Best website / direct booking platform?

Zander Kempf
  • Developer
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted May 16 2024, 13:36

I am building a 12 unit glamping resort and want to setup a direct booking website. Does anyone have recommendations or good experience with a company that handles this?

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied May 16 2024, 14:40

following - Always interested in something new.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Grudzien
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Eugene, OR
Replied May 16 2024, 14:45

I concur with John: "following - Always interested in something new."

I'd be interested in a fee based vs. percentage....

Mike

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Graesser
  • Rental Property Investor
  • The Villages, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • The Villages, FL
Replied May 16 2024, 14:46

I use Houfy.com as others use their own website, no fee for owner/guests direct booking site.

They also offer a website builder to create your own website and you can also pay to upgrade and use other tools. 

They are now offering a damage protection plan  and  cancellation insurance with an additional optional fee cost to the guest.

User Stats

Votes
Zander Kempf
  • Developer
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Honolulu, HI
Replied May 16 2024, 16:16
Quote from @Mike Grudzien:

I concur with John: "following - Always interested in something new."

I'd be interested in a fee based vs. percentage....

Mike

Yeah I'm mainly just interested in the actual website creation service. I assume I'll need to place a Guesty or Vacasa on top as the actual property manager. I could pay a regular marketing firm to build a site, but since so many STR owners have this need, I have to imagine there's an off the shelf option rather than having a custom site built.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Steffens
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 17 2024, 03:09

If you are hiring a PM (a good one) you will be on their site and you will not need to co-market.  I would not recommend Vacasa or Evolve either (plenty of info on the forum why not).  Find a good local PM.  If you do decide on your own site, we use Bizcor.  They are decent and are affiliated with our PMS so it was easy.  Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Collin H.
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Gatlinburg, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Gatlinburg, TN
Replied May 17 2024, 08:01

In the early days of our property management company, we used VacationRentalDesk.com.  It's an all-in-one, property management system and website for your properties.  I believe it was just a flat rate per property per month, and quite inexpensive.

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied May 18 2024, 10:25

Boostly is good but they have been struggling to get people's sites up and going. Are you using a PMS that would have a direct site available? If you have a PM managing the property this should be something they're doing, not you as the owner. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 18 2024, 20:45

I built my own website in Wordpress using a vacation rental template that I bought for about $20.  I use OwnerRez as my PMS and their Wordpress plugin provides the booking functionality on my website.  They also do hosted websites for a little bit more money if you don't want to muck around with Wordpress.

OwnerRez also syncs calendars across all channels.  In my case, that's AirBnB, VRBO, Google Vacation Rentals and my own website, but it also supports many others.  And it syncs the dynamic pricing data from PriceLabs to all those channels as well (or Wheelhouse, Beyond Pricing if you prefer those).

They also support integration with real credit card merchant accounts.  So I'm under 2% for CC fees on most of my channels now, don't have to live with Stripe's 2.9% anymore.  Except AirBnB of course.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 21 2024, 11:12

iGMS is my channel manager and they offer either a ready-built website for you or a Wordpress plugin.

I have both now to decide which I like better. Both are free (included in subscription) and use Stripe to collect payments. No other booking fees. 

I built my own Wordpress site with the plugin: exploresalida.com

And here's the basic, ready-built site: highrockyrentals.com